Wednesday 16 November 2011

Tymbark Apple and Mint

Right so the lack of mint based soft drinks has always kind of peturbed me. I don't get it, I know there's something there that could work right but it's not going to be easy. That's why I was delighted to see the following concoction this week.


An Apple and Mint drink from Tymbark
It's got track record from a long standing polish company and on the back there was indication of a distributor in America. I'm not going to lie but I was quietly confident I was onto something special here

The bottle cap is also a bit incredible. It's a mix of a ring pull and a bottle cap. It made me feel like a god of sorts of possibly even a bit like Ray Romano from Everybody Loves Raymond.

With the lid off I took a big gulp. OHH GOD WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!! The stillness of the drink and possibly the strength of the apple juice just washes out the mint completely and you're left with a really odd in between nothing type flavour.

It's worse than that. It tastes like you've just used mouthwash then drunk some apple juice. Seriously. This is upsetting and has put back Mint flavoured soft drink relations back years :(

Back to the drawing board

No comments:

Post a Comment