Tuesday 23 August 2011

Super-Nova

Mountain Dew SuperNova is the superhero of the soft drink world. It should wear a cape. I'm serious. It's incredible. I picked up a couple of cans 2 weeks ago after a particularly satisfying Northern Ireland Football victory over the Faroe Islands and left them to chill in the fridge until this weekend actually.

Now that's odd for me not to not instantly drink whatever new soda I get but something about these told me the time wasn't right. I was tired and I wouldnt fully enjoy it. Then on Friday as I was getting ready for my lunch one of the cans fell from the top shelf and I caught it. It was a sign. It was ready to be drunk.

I'm not calling the internet a liar, please internet gods I'm not, but the can I got seemed to be a bit little in colouring. I think this pic might be from the original dewmocracy run in 2008 and I think it's maybe got a new run recently? It's still limited edition and the flavour is still Strawberry Melon. Now Strawberry soda is a tough thing to get right, Fanta Beach decided to add the super acidic kiwi flavour to theirs , and so I was a little worried.

I shouldn't have been. Mountain Dew can do no wrong. This flavour is incredible and it starts with a smell. It's powerfully strawberry scented and it invites you to imbibe. The scent is a siren enticing you onto the crashing waves except in this case it's a crashing wave of flavour the strawberry envelopes you with punch. It's big and it'll knock you off your feet and once that subsides the wash is of a delicate melon flavour. Which rides on out on the back of the ginseng tingling away.

This drink is perfect. I would say it's an upper echelon drink. It's one of the only drinks I'll probably ever say this but get yourself some by hook or by crook. It's no wonder it won the 1st Dewmocracy and became a proper fixture as a Dew drink. Again though it's pretty hard to get hold of so if you want some ask your local importers to get onboard the supernova express.


No comments:

Post a Comment